Pages

5.13.2013

Mother







''My mother wanted us to understand that the tragedies of your life one day have to potential to be the comic stories the next." 
 Nora Ephron

This quote always reminded me of my mom. She would always say: "You'll be laughing about this in a few day's" (or sometimes weeks, months - depending on the severity of the given issue). This often seemed like the worst advice in the world growing up. Because as a teenager one could never EVER imagine laughing about the curling iron burn on ones forehead... or the boy who never called back. The funny thing is I always did end up laughing about it. No matter the situation there came a time when I could chuckle at how huge a very tiny issue felt . And so when life throws me across the room with embarrassment or doubt or pain, I try and remind myself that I'll be laughing about this in a few days.

Happy Mother's day to all the kick-ass mommas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment